About Heather M. Meglino
See Heather's Federal Case Record:
Note: This does not include any litigation in state courts and may not be a comprehensive list.
Litigation Attorney at Spire Law
Heather M. Meglino, Esq. is a preeminent Central Florida business attorney. Heather focuses on business owners and employers in business and employment law matters, earning top ratings for her Florida clients. This includes making sure businesses are protected and in compliance with business and employment laws. Ms. Meglino also litigates cases including employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, overtime and unpaid wages, FMLA leave and disability issues, employment contracts, whistleblower and other employment law claims under various state and federal laws. Heather also serves as in-house counsel for multiple companies through Spire Law's General Counsel Services.
Ms. Meglino earned her Juris Doctorate degree in 2011 from the Barry University School of Law, where she was actively involved as Vice Justice of the Moot Court Honors Board and received the award for Most Valuable Advocate, as well as Runner-up in a National First Amendment Competition. She also received one of two awards given to Barry Law graduates, the ALI-ABA Scholarship and Leadership Award.
Ms. Meglino received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of South Florida, where she was a scholarship recipient and co-founder of the USF Bowling Team. She was a member of the National Order of Omega Honor Society, Rho Lambda Honor Society, and the Pre-Law Society. She served as Vice-President of the Panhellenic Council, Chi Omega Sorority Chapter Secretary and Housing Manager, Campus Resident Assistant, Greek Week Executive Director of Programming, USF Homecoming Court Member, and USF Women’s Bowling Team Captain.
Currently, Ms. Meglino serves on the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers Board, OCBA Young Lawyers Board, and the USF Alumni Association, Orlando Chapter Board. She also volunteers as a Wish Granter for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
★★★★★ “Very professional, easy to communicate with and fee structure makes it easy to work with them.”
-Ajay Bhalla, Orlando, FL Business Owner
- Super Lawyers Rated 2015-2020
- Legal Elite “Best Business Advocacy Specialists-Central Florida” 2017
- Orlando Business Journal “Central Florida’s Top Law Firms” 2017
- AVVO “Client’s Choice Award” 2017
- AVVO 10.0 Rating
- Central Florida Association of Women Lawyers (“CFAWL”)
- American Bar Association (“ABA”)
- Orange County Bar Association (“OCBA”)
- Labor & Employment Committee Past Committee Chair
- Young Lawyers Section Board
- Solo & Small Firm Committee Board
- Professional Networking Association (“PNA”)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- NAWBO “Advocacy Workshop for Business Success” 2017
- UCF Business Incubation Program- “Avoid a Lawsuit, Best Practices for Your Business” 2016
- Florida Bar Journal, News & 440 Report, “Impact of the Spoliation Doctrine in Workers’ Compensation” Vol. XXX No.1, Fall 2010
- USF Alumni Association, Orlando Chapter Past President, Watch Party Chair
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Wish Granter, Walk for Wishes Community Recruitment Chair
- MDA “Lock Up” Orlando 2017 Participant