About Ian E. Smith, Esq.
Locations: Atlanta, Georgia and New York, New York
Bar & Court Admissions:
- Licensed to practice in Georgia and New York
- Admitted before U.S. Supreme Court
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Georgia Federal Court
- Middle District of Georgia Federal Court
- Southern District of Geogia Federal Court
- Northern District of Illinois Federal Court
- Western District of Wisonsin Federal Court
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Client Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (5.0/5.0)
Ian Edward Smith, Esq. is a litigation counsel for Spire Law based out of our Atlanta, Georgia office. Ian represents and counsels companies involved in complex business, labor, and employment litigation.
Business and Class Action Litigation Areas
- Contract Disputes
- Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA")
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 ("TCPA")
Employment Litigation Areas
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1965 ("Title VII")
- Wage and hour claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 ("FLSA")
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 ("ADEA")
- Family Medical Leave Act of 1993 ("FMLA")
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA")
- ADA Amendments Act of 2008 ("ADAAA").
FAQ About Ian E. Smith, Esq.
What are Ian Smith's credentials and experience?
Ian is licensed to practice law in Georgia and New York. He graduated law school in 2001 from the Northern Illinois University College of Law.
What types of cases does Ian Smith handle?
Ian defends businesses and business owners in the following areas of law:
- Labor and employment in state and federal courts
- Complex business litigation in state and federal courts
- Fair Labor Standards Act cases in federal courts
- Americans with Disabilities Act cases in federal courts
Is Ian Smith available for a consultation?
Yes, you can book a consultation with Ian by calling our main line, 407-494-0135.
Has Ian Smith ever served in the military?
Yes! Ian proudly served in the United State Navy from 1989 through 1998 as a Hospital Corpsman, attaining the rank of petty officer second class.
What are Ian Smith's publications?
Yes! Ian has several publications and speaking engagements including:
- “Navigating the Fair Credit Reporting Act Minefield—A Primer and Best Practices” presented at “In the Trenches – Dispatches from Judicial, EEOC, Plaintiff, and Defense Experts” Seminar;” Atlanta Bar Association, March 18, 2016
- “Supreme Court to Answer Question on Intake Questionnaires,” L&E News, Labor and Employment Section of Atlanta Bar Association (co-author) (Winter 2007)
- “Supreme Court Endorses EEOC Manifest Intent Test”, L&E News, Labor and Employment Section of Atlanta Bar Association (co-author) (Fall 2008)
- Lincoln on Professionalism, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Atlanta Bar Association, October 28, 2008 (Contributor), awarded Atlanta Bar Association Leadership Award (2009)
- 4 Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts § 50 (2d ed. Supp. 2007) (Contributor)
- Fellow, National Institute for Teaching Ethics and Professionalism, Georgia, October 2007
What are Ian Smith's professional memberships?
- Chairman, Past Chair, and Board Member, L&E Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, 2007 to Present
- Board Member, Editorial Board, Atlanta Lawyer Newsletter, 2007 to Present;
- Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, State Bar of Georgia, 2006 to 2010
- Pro Hac Magistrate Judge, State Court of Fulton County, 2006 – 2010
How does Ian Smith give back to the community?
Ian has volunteered with the following organizations:
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyer’s Foundation
- Atlanta Legal Aid
- Hands on Atlanta
- Free Bytes Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity